The Malibu Association of Realtors, Inc. Records collection includes business documents, correspondence, publications, property listings, publicity materials, and collected ephemera, dating between 1928 and 1985. Known originally as the Malibu Board of Realtors, Inc., the Association formed in 1947, achieving full incorporation in 1956. Over the decades, the Association has played an important role in the development of Malibu, California, a coastal community stretching 21 miles and home to about 12,500 people. In addition to producing and consolidating property listings, Association activities include continuing education courses, networking opportunities, and political advocacy on behalf of members regarding business issues, property rights and values, environmental issues, and other community concerns.
View collection guide.