The Mission Santa Clara Manuscript Collection consists of hundreds of manuscripts primarily written and collected by the Franciscan missionaries from the founding of the Mission in 1777 until the arrival of the Jesuits in 1851. The manuscripts deal with the missionaries’ spiritual endeavors, as well as various aspects of daily life at Mission Santa Clara. The collection includes sacramental records, account books, annual reports, governmental and ecclesiastical correspondence, choirbooks, and instructions on wool-processing, health care and cuisine, among others. The majority of the manuscripts are in Spanish.
View this collection on the contributor's website. View collection guide.