Marinship Corporation in Sausalito was a WWII Liberty shipyard owned by W.A. Bechtel Co. During WWII, residential Marin City was developed as housing for Marinship workers and their families. In the span of Marinship's three and a half years of active service (1942-1945), fifteen EC-2 Liberty Ships were built, along with seventy-eight oil tankers and twenty invasion barges. At its peak, Marinship employed a multi-ethnic workforce of 20,000.
View this collection on the contributor's website.