The Mt. Tamalpais and Muir Woods Railroad ran from 1896 until 1929 between downtown Mill Valley to near the summit of Mt. Tamalpais, with a second line descending the West side of Mt. Tamalpais to Muir Woods beginning in 1907. The photographs and ephemera in this collection include depictions of the Tavern on Mt. Tamalpais, gravity cars, and the Inn at Muir Woods.
View this collection on the contributor's website.