The Edward A. Rogers collection is the largest known vestige of the archive of the Cardinell-Vincent Company, the official photographers of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition of 1915. It comprises approximately 6,700 photographic prints housed in albums, 2,166 glass negatives, 124 film negatives, and 115 panoramic film negatives. The great majority of images document the exposition throughout its 1915 run, but some commercial photographs taken by Cardinell-Vincent date from the decade after the fair. During the construction period in 1913 and 1914 the exposition's photographic contract was held by H.S. Crocker & Co., and a significant number of their images are present.
View collection guide.