Schoeffel was elected chairman. In 1921 voters endorsed a $12,000 bond issue for a combined war memorial and American Legion clubhouse. In addition, Legionnaires raised $3,000 for the building. Thus, on December 4, 1921, a crowd of twenty thousand people gathered to watch the laying of the cornerstone by Marshal Ferdinand Foch. The Post stood for approximately 70 years until its closing in the early 1990s.
View this collection on the contributor's website. View collection guide.