The School of the California Guild of Arts and Crafts was founded in 1907 by Frederick Meyer to provide an education for artists and designers that would integrate both theory and practice in the arts. In 1936 the school was renamed the California College of Arts and Crafts. Meyer remained president until his retirement in 1944. In 2003 the school was renamed California College of the Arts. The CCA/C Archives is the repository for: a) materials emanating from college, including academic and administrative departments, satellite units, and student groups; b) materials about the college and its activities from other sources; and c) materials about faculty and alumni, although the working papers of faculty and alumni are collected only selectively.
Photographs, texts and other materials from the CCA/C Archives have been selected for digitization.
View this collection on the contributor's website. View collection guide.