Porch and entrance of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence once owned by artist Paul de Longpre´. The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for a large flower garden. At one time he had 4,000 roses, which he painted. Many tourists visited his garden and art gallery between the late 1890s and late 1910s. The home was demolished several years after his death in 1927.