Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--color: Zimpher's fruit stand on Gravenstein Highway North operated by Marvin and Wanda Zimpher from 1953 to 1962. They sold local produce and fruit from the Sacramento Valley as local farmers no longer grew peaches and cherries by the 1950s. The fruit stand stood on property adjoining Marvin's father Donald Zimpher's chicken ranch. Marvin and his father subdivided the property in the 1960s starting their construction business. The fruit stand was located on the north end of today's Redwood Marketplace and Mary's Pizza Shack.