For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
Exterior view of the original brick building, which had been the main wards for the Chogoria hospital, with medical staff and patients at the entrance. The nurse is Sister Margaret Burt, who arrived from the CMS hospital in Kikuyu in 1947, the younger doctor is possibly Kenneth Irvine, who spent his pre-registration year at Chogoria, and the other doctor is possibly Dr John Wilkinson who arrived in 1949. ❧ The image is from the collection of Dr Archibald Clive Irvine (1893-1974) showing the period from 1928-1961 at the Chogoria mission which was established in 1922.