Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Corner view of the second location of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, located on the northeast corner of Third & Hill. The Gothic Revival building, dedicated on May 15, 1883, cost $15,000 to build and furnish. The structure includes numerous gables in which there are Sunday school rooms, a pastor's study, and a library. The auditorium, with 25 stained glass windows, seats 425. It served as the First Congregational Church until 1888, when it was sold for $30,000 to Central Baptist Church and was later sold to the Church of the Unity in 1892. After using temporary locations for approximately one year, the congregation moved into its third church building, located at 6th and Hill (see images 00075073 and 00075074) in 1889. The sign mounted to the post in the center of the image reads, "Take cars here (pointing to the right) for santa Fe Station."
1 photographic print :b&w Photographic prints
00075078 Los Angeles Photographers Collection; C.C. Pierce Collection GPC_b051_f3_i27 CARL0000077630 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/126396
First Congregational Church (Los Angeles, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Los Angeles Gothic revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles