Copyright status is unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The Utt-Getty Store, built around 1872, was Tustin's first store and one of its oldest buildings. It was originally referred to as the "L. Utt Pioneer Store." It was located at the southwest corner of Main and D (El Camino Real). The store was on the first floor and the living quarters on the second floor. Lysander Utt established the store and lived there with his family until his death in 1891 when his son, C.E. "Ed" Utt took over. In 1893 the store was sold to A. Getty and company. In the 1940's, the building was torn down to make way for a gas station.