Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
View of the Church of the Angels from the road. A horse and buggy with Mrs. Josephine van Rossen, sons, Adrian and Walter, and governess Mina Hamiliton is at the front gate of the church property. A stone wall runs along the side of the church property located at 1100 North Avenue 64 in Pasadena. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00019776 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Pasadena-Churches-Church of the Angels.; N-005-654 4x5 CARL0000025092 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/89495
Rossen, Josephine van Rossen, Adrian van Rossen, Walter van Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Towers--California--Pasadena Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933 Pasadena (Calif.) Garvanza (Calif.)