Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Hand-colored postcard image shows ocean waves breaking against the shore, with the Mile Rocks Lighthouse visible against Point Bonita and Mount Tamalpais in the background. Located on the south side of the entrance to San Francisco bay, construction began on Mile Rocks lighthouse in 1904. The lighthouse continued to function until the 1960s, when the top two tiers were dismantled by the Coast Guard in 1966 and the remaining platform was converted to a helicopter landing pad. Split-back printed with "PUB BY SOUVENIR PUBLISHING CO. SAN FRANCISCO." Front of postcard numbered "341." Date Built: 1905