Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: St. Sebastian Catholic Church in Sebastopol. Photo of a postcard with caption "St. Sebastian's Catholic Church Sebastopol, California 5026." The original St. Sebastian's Catholic Church, Sebastopol, CA. Built in 1895 on a site donated by Mr. and Mrs. John A. Brown. Church no longer exists, but was located around the area of Santa Rosa Avenue and Depot Street in Sebastopol. The church was "opposite the Layton cottages on Bodega Avenue, near the depot,"referring to the Northern Pacific Railroad that opened a line from Santa Rosa to Sebastopol in 1890. The congregation raised $3000 for the construction the church.