This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This circa 1925 photograph shows the Front Street side of the Crane Company Plumbing Supplies warehouse located at Front and M Streets. The nationwide company was established in Chicago in 1910 with Sacramento becoming a distribution point in 1924. Crane sold wholesale plumbing supplies. Local buildings to be fitted Crane parts included the following: the Capital National Bank, Eldorado School, Jefferson School, and the People’s Savings Bank building. The Sacramento headquarters relocated in 1963 from the pictured address to the Johnston Industrial Park, off of Canterbury Road in North Sacramento.