Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger.; Photo reproduced by Zephyr. Glendora was founded on April 1, 1887 by George D. Whitcomb and was officially incorporated as a City in 1911. In the mid-1930s, nearly all of the city's 4,500 acres of land were cultivated for citrus fruit; by the late 1950s agriculture had given way to large-scale residential development. As of 2006, population of the city known as the "Pride of the Foothills" was estimated at 51,608. View of several men and horses standing around in front of the Glendora Livery Stable, located on the east side of Michigan Ave. one block north of Foothill Blvd. Photo taken around the turn of the 20th Century. Although many automobiles had made their way on to Glendora's roads, the old-fashioned horsepower was still the preferred method of heavy labor and transportation, therefore giving livery stables brisk business well into the 1920s.
1 photographic print :b&w ;13 x 18 cm. Photographic prints
00076304 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Glendora-Shops and stores. CARL0000078571 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/110812