Corner view of the second location of the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles, located on the northeast corner of Third & Hill. The Gothic Revival building, dedicated on May 15, 1883, cost $15,000 to build and furnish. The structure includes numerous gables in which there are Sunday school rooms, a pastor's study, and a library. The auditorium, with 25 stained glass windows, seats 425. It served as the First Congregational Church until 1888, when it was sold for $30,000 to Central Baptist Church and was later sold to the Church of the Unity in 1892. After using temporary locations for approximately one year, the congregation moved into its third church building, located at 6th and Hill (see images 00075073 and 00075074) in 1889.