Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
A car is set up for broadcasting with microphones on the roof and above the driver's head. On the truck are the call letters of KEJK radio station of the MacMillan Petroleum Co., and the name Freeman Lang. Lang was the chief engineer of the station, which he founded in 1927 under the call sign of KRLO. He sold the station in February 1928 to Ernest J. Krause, who changed the call letters to fit his initials, KEJK. Just two months later, KEJK was sold to R.S. MacMillan Petroleum Company of Beverly Hills, which owned KEJK when this photo was taken. They would change the call letters on March 14, 1930, to KMPC to fit the company name.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00012933 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Radio.; G-000-218 8x10 CARL0000017369 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/87872
KEJK (Radio station : Los Angeles, Calif.) Radio Radio broadcasting--California--Los Angeles