Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of the Church of the Angels, located at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena. The church is faced in sandstone mined from San Fernando Valley quarries and the interior walls are of red pressed brick. The redwood ceiling nicely complements the stained glass window which depicts the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00019783 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Pasadena-Churches-Church of the Angels. CARL0000024960 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/89458
Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Towers--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933 Garvanza (Calif.) Pasadena (Calif.)