Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Charles Fletcher Lummis founded the Southwest Museum in 1907. The museum moved from Downtown Los Angeles to its current location at 234 Museum Drive in Mt. Washington in 1914, and has been there ever since. Architects Sumner P. Hunt and Silas Reese Burns designed the building in 1914; it occupies 17 acres overlooking Sycamore Grove on the northwest side of the Arroyo Seco Valley. It became part of the Autry National Center in 2004. The Southwest Museum was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 2004 - #92001270. The Southwest Museum, viewed through trees from the street below, sits on top of the hill at 234 Museum Drive on Mt. Washington. The main building is flanked by two towers. At the bottom of the hill is the Casa Adobe (not visible in this angle).
1 photographic print :b&w Photographic prints
00031161 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Museums-Southwest Museum.; S-001-505.118 4x5 CARL0000033512 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/100116
Southwest Museum of the American Indian Indians of North America--Museums--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences Museum buildings--California--Los Angeles Historic sites--California--Los Angeles Museums--California--Los Angeles Lummis, Charles Fletcher,1859-1928 Hunt, Sumner P Burns, Silas Reese Highland Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)