Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Hall of Records, next to which was the old County Courthouse. At this time it was a hospitality house for servicemen, giving free dormitory space, sponsored by B'Nai B'rith. The statue of Stephen M. White, originally in front of the courthouse, remains.
1 photographic print :b&w Photographic prints
00018155 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Buildings-Hall of Records; A-008-892 4x5 CARL0000021200 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/88417
White, Stephen Mallory,--1853-1901--Statues Los Angeles County Hall of Records (Los Angeles, Calif. : 1911-1962) Municipal government--Records and correspondence Public buildings--California--Los Angeles Statues--California--Los Angeles Civic centers--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Broadway (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)