Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Opened in 1904 and in operation until 1957, this classical revival style library was built with a $20,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie and designed by architects Burnham & Bliesner. After the building was declared unsafe in 1957, it was demolished a year later and replaced by a new library building in 1960. View of the San Bernardino Public Library, located at 4th and 'D' streets.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00023537 Los Angeles Photographers Collection; C.C. Pierce Collection GPC_b49_f4_i23; A-010-005 4x5 CARL0000027179 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/126241
Library buildings--California--San Bernardino Public libraries--California--San Bernardino Carnegie libraries--California--San Bernardino Neoclassicism (Architecture)--California--San Bernardino Lost architecture--California--San Bernardino San Bernardino (Calif.)