This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Wright and Kimbrough descriptions
For several generations, beginning at the turn of the Twentieth century, Wright and Kimbrough were the prime real estate developers of Sacramento. Their designs have been described as ‘artistic’ ‘improved’ and ‘modern in every particular’ and the company was known to remain on the cutting edge in terms of the latest in conveniences, utilities, and development.
In 1913, Wright and Kimbrough were featured in an article called “Artistic Bungalows in Big Demand” with re: to their projects on tract 21. “The building of these 12 homes brings the total of homes built in Wright and Kimbrough tract #21 up to 65 houses. Wright and Kimbrough have experienced a very satisfying success with this property.”
And in 1922, Wright and Kimbrough donated two furnished homes for exhibition during “Better Homes” week, an organized effort by the women’s branch of the Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with a national movement for finer homes and better equipment.
Wright and Kimbrough was also there for California at the approach of World War 2, which created a wave of new expansion in population, jobs, and housing for the city of Sacramento.
“Arden Park Vista offers you – a better way of living, country life with all its beauty, peace and freedom, combined with convenience, space and privacy, architectural control, school facilities, recreational advantages, and a country home… “
“Facts: An Established Residential District, the subdivided portion of Arden Park Vista now comprises a total area of approximating that of the district bounded by Broadway, Riverside Blvd., William Land Park and Freeport Blvd. In excess of 1800 homes already sold. In excess of 1200 homes are now in Tract having a value of nearly TEN MILLION DOLLARDS. Public Improvements over one million dollars, in excess of 14 miles of improved streets. In excess of 16 miles of water lines. In excess of 4000 trees now planted.”