Title supplied by cataloger. Located at 800 N. Alameda Street, Union Station was designed by the father and son team of John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson, and opened in May 1939. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Moderne styles with Moorish architectural details. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places, Building #8000081 and is Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101. Panoramic view, looking east from near Broadway. Seen are Spring Street, La Placita Church (right of center), various parking lots, the Main Street side of El Pueblo de Los Angeles, Union Station (center), and communities east of the Los Angeles River in the distance, March 1981.
1 slide : color ; 5x5 cm. Photographic color slides