From left, Chief of Police Rex Andrews, City Manager Harmon Bennett, Vice Mayor Newell Cooper, and an unidentified police officer – with mascot of the 10-year capital improvement plan “Cap” Burbank in the foreground – review plans before breaking ground for the Burbank City Hall Annex on the southeast corner of Olive and Third in January 1960. Situated across the street from City Hall (seen in the background), the annex was built on the site of the former city hall, which had been razed the year prior, and opened on February 24, 1961.
nonprojected graphic 7 5/8 x 9 1/2 b&w print
islandora:1324 local: cco01372
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--1960s--Building--City halls--Municipal officials and employees--Police chiefs