View of the freeway opening parade. The first motorcade to travel the spanking new freeway link is driving east, back towards downtown. After breaking the dedication ribbon they had travelled to the end of the section at Silver Lake Boulevard, and turned around for the return trip. Capacity for the double four-lane freeway during rush hours is expected to be 10,000 cars an hour. Photo dated: December 27, 1950.