Los Encinos State Historical Monument will revive past
Valley Times Photo Collection
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Photograph was edited for publication purposes The Vincent de la Osa Adobe, built in 1849 by Don Vicente De La Osa, was a favored stopping place for the numerous travelers on El Camino Real. It stands on land that is a part of the one-square-league Rancho El Encino granted in 1845 by Governor Pio Pico to three Indians, Ramon, Francisco, and Roque, whose interests were purchased by Don Vicente. Originally the land was under the jurisdiction of Mission San Fernando Rey founded in 1797. Photograph caption dated June 1, 1957 reads "Stream fills pool. Ranger Schneider points out tiny stream that fills Encino Pool with warm spring water. Water cools off quickly after running into larger body." State Park Ranger Melvin Schneider is the monument supervisor.; See images #00125749 through #00125756 for all photos in this series.
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
00125753 Valley Times Collection HCNVT_d030_f26_i28 CARL0005430839 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/57662
Vincent de la Osa Adobe (Los Angeles, Calif.) Men--California--Los Angeles Park rangers--California--Los Angeles Streams Brush--California--Los Angeles Uniforms--California--Los Angeles Parks--California--Encino (Los Angeles) California Historical Landmarks Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Los Encinos Rancho (Calif.) Encino (Los Angeles, Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs Osa, Vicente de la