This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This 1960 photograph shows the Union Iron Works at 1415 Front Street. The business was founded in 1860, but was purchased by its highest-profile owner, Otto F. Link, in 1940. The Auburn-native went to work for Union in 1925, eventually working his way toward ownership. The building contained a foundry, machine shop and drill press. Union was razed during Sacramento’s redevelopment efforts of the early 1960s.