Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Designed by Morgan & Walls, the Pantages opened on September 26, 1910 as a vaudeville theatre for Alexander Pantages. After Pantages moved to his new theater at 7th and Hill streets in 1920, this theater was renamed Dalton's. Eight years later, it was renamed Arcade in honor of the popular Arcade Building. In the 1940s it was known as the Telenews and the Teleview. It has been closed since 1992. View of Broadway, from the corner of Sixth Street. Harris & Frank Clothiers is the tallest building in the foreground. The other tall building is the Pantages Theatre.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00039482 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Streets-Hill and 6th.; A-008-425 4x5 CARL0000043240 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/100022
Harris & Frank Clothiers (Los Angeles, Calif.) Pantages Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Streets--California--Los Angeles Stores & shops--California--Los Angeles Street-railroads--California--Los Angeles Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Cityscape photographs Hill Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Sixth Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Broadway (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Morgan, Walls & Clements