Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Charles Fletcher Lummis founded the Southwest Museum in 1907. The museum moved from Downtown Los Angeles to its current location at 234 Museum Drive in Mt. Washington in 1914, and has been there ever since. The 1914 building was designed by architects Sumner P. Hunt and Silas Reese Burns. It became part of the Autry National Center in 2004. The building is registered on the National Register of Historic Places #92001270 Southwest Museum exterior showing the tunnel entrance at the bottom of the hill.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00031160 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Museums-Southwest Museum; A-008-830 4x5 CARL0000033511 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/96503
Southwest Museum of the American Indian Museums--California--Los Angeles Museum buildings--California--Los Angeles Indians of North America--Museums--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences Lummis, Charles Fletcher,1859-1928 Hunt, Sumner P Burns, Silas Reese Mt. Washington (Los Angeles, Calif.)