This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Taken on April 29, 1947, this photograph shows the exterior of the Del Paso Theater, located at 2122 Del Paso Boulevard in North Sacramento. Cars are parked beneath the marquee. The venue was built in 1926 for 125,000 dollars, complete with a theater organ, a stage for performances, an enclosed projection booth, and a balcony for smoking. The Del Paso operated until 1972, remaining all the while a single-screen house. After 26 years of inactivity the theater was razed in 1998.