Copyright to photographs in this collection, in most cases, is retained by Pepperdine University. Images are intended for educational and research use, and may be used for non-commercial purposes with appropriate attribution. Organizations and individuals seeking to use images for publication must assume all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright. Such parties should contact Pepperdine University Special Collections and University Archives.
The Adamson House, built by the Rindge family for their daughter Rhoda and her husband Merritt Huntley Adamson in 1929, became a California Historical Landmark in 1985. This photo from the balcony shows a barbecue event commemorating the achievement a few years later. On reverse: Volunteers and docents enjoyed live music and barbecue. complete;