Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
TitleÂ supplied by cataloger. The Ambassador Hotel, designed by renowned architect Myron Hunt, opened its doors in 1921. The massive 500-room hotel occupied 23.7 acres at 3400 Wilshire Boulevard, bordered by Wilshire Boulevard, 8th Street, Catalina Street, and nearly to Mariposa Avenue. The Schine family owned it for about 50 years, until its doors were closed after 68 years of service in 1989, selling for $64 million. A public auction was held in September of 2005 to sell off as many items as it could. Seen here are: sofas, guest logs, tables, chairs, and against the back fence, even doors panels. The Ambassador sits majestically in the background; it was demolished between late 2005 and early 2006. Photograph dated September 10, 2005.
1 photographic print:col. ;13 x 18 cm. Photographic prints
00104793 Gary Leonard Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection; GPC_b43_f4_i45 CARL0005198919 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/119419
Ambassador Hotel Auctions--California--Los Angeles Furniture--California--Los Angeles Hotels--California--Los Angeles Abandoned buildings--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Gary Leonard Collection photographs Hunt, Myron,1868-1952