This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Photograph was edited for publication purposes Henry Van Wolf, born in Bavaria in 1898, was a prominent sculptor in the San Fernando Valley. Moving to the San Fernando Valley in 1944, Van Wolf sculpted many statues and busts on display throughout the Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States. He founded the Valley Artists Guild, also known as VAG in 1948. Van Wolf died in 1982. Caption dated April 3, 1965 reads, "Mrs. Glenn R. Anderson, left, president of The Valley Historical Society, and Francis Muir Pomeroy, California History and Landmark chairman of the North Hollywood Woman's Club, look over model of statue of Generals Pio Pico and John C. Fremont shaking hands which sculptor Henry Van Wolf will make for cost at Campo de Cahuenga."
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
Pomeroy, Frances Muir Van Wolf, Henry--1898-1982 Fre´mont, John Charles,--1813-1890--Statues San Fernando Valley Historical Society Historians--California--San Fernando Valley Associations, institutions, etc.--California--San Fernando Valley Sculpture--California--San Fernando Valley Sculptors--United States Men--California--San Fernando Valley Pointing (Gesture)--California--San Fernando Valley Women--California--San Fernando Valley San Fernando Valley (Calif.) Group portraits Portrait photographs Valley Times Collection photographs