Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Hide House was built in 1823 by the firm of Hartnell and McCulloch for trade activity with Missions San Fernando and San Gabriel. In 1829 the Hide House was sold to Mission San Gabriel and five years later it was acquired by Abel Stearns and became known as Casa de San Pedro. Ruins of the Hide House, Casa de San Pedro, stood on the military reserve (Fort MacArthur). Nothing now remains of the adobe structure built by the trading firm of Hartnell and McCulloch. Year 1900.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00033227 Security Pacific National Bank Collection San Pedro-Adobes-Hide House. CARL0000034920 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/96389
Hide House (San Pedro, Los Angeles, Calif.) Casa de San Pedro (San Pedro, Los Angeles, Calif.) Adobe houses--California--San Pedro (Los Angeles) San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)