The Northrop YB-49 jet bomber prototype aircraft, also called the "Flying Wing" seen at an unidentified airfield. Title devised by cataloger based on note from Ernest Marquez and identification marks on jet. The Northrop Flying Wing, powered by eight jet engines, was unveiled to the public and media at the company’s facility in Hawthorne on Sept. 29, 1947. -Los Angeles Times, Sept. 30, 1947.
1 photograph : film negative ; sheet 9.8 x 12.4 cm