Title supplied by cataloger. John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson designed the 1939 Union Station, located at 800 North Alameda Street. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Modern style, with Moorish architectural details. Gladding, McBean & Co made most of the tile in the station. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development, officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). The station was designated Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101 in 1972 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Building #80000811 in 1980. Looking northeast across Main Street towards Union Station and Mt. Baldy on March 19, 1970. A Los Angeles Gas Company gasometer is present on the far right.
1 slide :color ;5 x 5 cm. Photographic color slides
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Los Angeles Gas Company Railroad stations--California--Los Angeles Terminals (Transportation)--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences Art deco (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Parking lots--California--Los Angeles Trees--California--Los Angeles Electric lines--Poles and towers Automobiles--California--Los Angeles Pedestrians--California--Los Angeles Gasholders Sidewalks--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Mountains--California, Southern San Gabriel Mountains (Calif.) Mount Baldy (Calif.) Main Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Slides Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945 Parkinson, John,1861-1935