Title supplied by cataloger. La Casa de Don Vicente Lugo located on the east side of the El Pueblo Plaza at North Los Angeles Street and Sunset Boulevard. Built in 1839 by Vicente Lugo, it was one of the few two-story homes in Los Angeles at the time. It was donated in 1867 to St. Vincent's College (which later became Loyola University), the first college in Southern California; but later became known as the Washington Hotel, and later, the Pekin Curio Store. Unfortunately, the structure was so altered, that it does not resemble an adobe. The entire block shown here was demolished to make room for the 101 Freeway; the area later became Father Serra Park. Looking southeast across Los Angeles Street from the Methodist Headquarters Building, located at 125 Marchessault Street (renamed E. Sunset Boulevard and later Paseo de la Plaza). Seen are the Lugo House (left) and various commercial buildings. Dated May 1949.
1 slide :color ;5 x 5 cm. Photographic color slides
Lugo House (Los Angeles, Calif.) Streets--California--Los Angeles Adobe houses--California--Los Angeles Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Sidewalks--California--Los Angeles Lampposts--California--Los Angeles Automobiles--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Slides