Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo--black and white: Interior of Miller's Dairy with Don Meacham bottling milk in 1970. The dairy started n 1930 with 20 Ayrshire cows in the care of Leslie and Marjorie Miller. Milk sold for as low as 16cents a gallon during the Depression. In the 1970s, the Millers sold half of their herd and their milk routes and began producing only raw milk for health food stores.