Frontal view of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence and gardens owned by artist Paul de Longpre´ (1855-1911). The home was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots on which to develop an extensive flower garden. At one time he had 4,000 roses, which he depicted in his paintings. The garden and art gallery were a popular tourist destination for several years. The home was demolished in 1927.