Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Photo of the construction of "Burbank Evolves," a free-standing artwork consisting of three adjoining concrete walls. The finished 30-ton cast-concrete piece, dedicated in August 1994, portrays a history of Burbank from 1542 to 1942. According to the Los Angeles Times, the work was created by Tony Sheets in six weeks at a cost of $27,000. It was funded by the city's Art in Public Places Ordinance requiring new commercial, industrial or public projects of more than $500,000 to spend at least 1% of their budget for public art. "Burbank Evolves" is part of the $3.2-million 500-space Burbank Courthouse parking structure at the corner of 3rd St. and Angeleno Ave., which opened in May 1994.
nonprojected graphic 3½ x 5 color print
islandora:1239 local: pub00042
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Parking facilities--Sculpture--Public sculpture--Public art--Streets--Streetlights--Traffic signs and signals--Hydrants--Portable toilets--1990s