Built in 1888, the 5-story Vickrey-Brunswig Building first housed the Eastside Bank. Less than ten years later, it was purchased by the F. W. Braun Drug company for its wholesale pharmaceutical operations, and in 1907, one of the F. W. Braun Drug company partners, Lucien Napoleon Brunswig, took over the structure and added his name to the top of the building. In 1930, the building was purchased by the County of Los Angeles and became an office building. Exterior of the Brunswig Building at 501 N. Main Street.
Brunswig Building (Los Angeles, Calif.) Brunswig Drug Co Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Main Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)