For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact Claremont Heritage at http://www.claremontheritage.org
Survey of a California English cottage style house with steep pitched wood shingle roof with tri-front gable. The Shaw House was built in 1933 and has historical value because of its occupants. John A. Shaw lived in the house until 1964 and served on the City Council from 1954-58. Later owners Robert and Mary Stafford have been active in school affairs including Mr. Stafford serving on the Claremont School Board for seventeen years, and Mrs. Stafford who was president of the League of Women Voters.