Skip to main content

Image / Joaquin Carrillo's two story wooden clapboard building, the Analy Hotel in Sebastopol ...

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Joaquin Carrillo's two story wooden clapboard building, the Analy Hotel in Sebastopol on the corner of Main Street and Santa Rosa [Sebastopol] Avenue, prior to 1906
Date Created and/or Issued
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection
Rights Information
Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at:
Photo--black and white: Joaquin Carrillo’s two story wooden calpboard building, the Analy Hotel in Sebastopol started out as Carrillo's home. He called the hotel Analy after the township name. It was moved in 1890 to a site on Main Street and Bodega Avenue where the First National Bank is now located. At the extreme right can be seen the steeple of the Congregational Church. An eyewitness account of the 1906 earthquake in Sebastopol (Sebastopol Times -- April 18, 1947) records that the old Analy Hotel survived the earthquake on jacks at the corner of Petaluma Avenue and Sebastopol Road (known as the Garage Corner in the late 1940s) having been recently moved from what was then known as the Bank of America Corner. The old landmark hotel was razed in July 1919 “to make way for progress”
Still image

Explore related content on Calisphere: