Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Casa Adobe was completed in 1918 by the Hispanic Society of California and donated to the museum in 1925. Modeled after the San Diego County landmark, Rancho Guajome, a pre-1850s Spanish California rancho, the Casa was designed by the office of architect Theodore Eisen and constructed in the traditional manner by local adobe craftsmen. Two women, dressed in Mexican national costumes, are by the fountain at the Casa de Adobe, located below the Southwest Museum at 4605 N. Figueroa Street. One woman sits on the fountain edge while the other stands by her, holding her hat. The fountain is circular with a low basin. In the middle is a pedestal holding a smaller basin.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00078498 Security Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Museums-Southwest Museum-Casa de Adobe CARL0000080231 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111577
Casa de Adobe (Los Angeles, Calif.) Adobe houses--California--Los Angeles Fountains--California--Los Angeles Eisen, Theodore Hispanic Society of California Southwest Museum of the American Indian