This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This circa 1923 brochure promotes the Sacramento Heights of south Sacramento. Bounded by Upper Stockton Road to the east and West Avenue to the west, the lots origins go back to 1908. It was then that a five acres plot could go for 1,650 dollars. In time Upper Stockton simply became known as Stockton Boulevard and West Avenue as Forty-Fourth Street.