Title supplied by cataloger. When built in 1875, the First German Methodist Episcopal Church was originally a one-storey structure located on 4th Street near Hill. In 1897, the building was lifted and an additional storey was placed underneath, as shown here. Four years later, the building was moved to 449 S. Olive Street. In 1910 the structure captured here was replaced by another. That church building served the German Methodist community until 1997, when the congregation relocated to 556 West Glenoaks Blvd. in Glendale. To this day, German continues to be the primary language for the church service. Exterior view of the First German Methodist Episcopal Church at its original location on 4th Street in Los Angeles.
1 photographic print :b&w ;18 x 13 cm. Photographic prints