Doheny Memorial Library, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0189 Public Domain. Release under the CC BY Attribution license--http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/--Credit both “University of Southern California. Libraries” and “California Historical Society” as the source. Digitally reproduced by the USC Digital Library; From the California Historical Society Collection at the University of Southern California Send requests to address or e-mail given USC Libraries Special Collections email@example.com
Photograph of a view of Spring Street looking south from Temple Avenue, 1892-1896. Pedestrians and horse-drawn carriages fill the street to the left and the right, lining the sidewalks along with commercial buildings to either side. Legible signs include: "Thellman, Waldeck & Co.", "E. Morey", "[...]ne, Grocer / Coffees and Teas", "London Clothing Co.", "[...] Lunch Oyster House", and "Fagan". The Hotel Nadeau is visible at the end of the street which is paved by cobblestones and in which two sets of streetcar rails can be seen. These cable cars stopped operations on Spring Street between First and Temple on February 12, 1896. The first electric car over Fourth Street was dated February 27, 1892.
1 photograph : photonegative, b&w 21 x 26 cm. negatives (photographic) photographs
chs-m745 USC-1-1-1-746 [Legacy record ID] CHS-7119 http://doi.org/10.25549/chs-m745 http://thumbnails.digitallibrary.usc.edu/CHS-7119.jpg
Los Angeles--Streets--Spring Street--North of 1st Street cars Streets Stores, Retail Buildings Carriages and carts Railroads, Cable Roadways
California Los Angeles Spring Street & Temple Street USA
1-120-61; 1-9-105 [Microfiche number] 7119 [Accession number] CHS-7119 [Call number] California Historical Society [Contributing entity]