Verdugo Park was dedicated on March 16, 1944. Half of the four-acre site was donated to the city in 1943 by developer/philanthropist Fritz B. Burns and the rest purchased for $1117.18 per acre, according to the Los Angeles Times. In this photo, taken sometime in the 1940s, men perform calisthenics in the park's gymnasium. From notes on photo: “Verdugo Park, 40’s” and "0060".
nonprojected graphic 8 x 10 b&w print
islandora:895 local: cco00745
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Gymnasiums--Calisthenics--Physical fitness--Park facilities--Athletic shoes--Fashion--Men--1940s